Master Grade Level Kit Bundle for Grades K-8
We have assembled collections of the top 10 favorite Playbook® stories in three grade spans into "Bundle Kits" along with everything you need for a successful Reader's Theater program.
Includes 30 Story Sets with 4-10 copies each - Total of 1,432 Books.
These kits are ideal for a 10-week reading program as it allows every student to have the opportunity to…
- Read 10 different plays in a small non-threatening group
- Read 10 different roles and repeat them 3-4 times each to quickly build reading fluency
- Perform 1 play in front of other peer groups
- Watch 9 other peer groups perform 9 other plays
- Build reading fluency, comprehension, confidence, and speaking skills
To best understand the most effective Reader's Theater implementation, watch the 10-Story Rotation Webinar in the resources section.
- Water Works (Stages 0-2)
- Save Your Smile (Stages 0-2)
- Babbles Bizarre (Stages 1-3)
- Bug Off! (Stages 1-3)
- Jake Can't Fake It (Stages 1-3)
- Surprise! Uh-Oh! Oh No! (Stages 1-3)
- There's No One Like You (Stages 1-3)
- Three Goats Gruff Go to the Greener Side (Stages 1-3)
- I Want My Room Back (Stages 1-3)
- Play a Song for Us (Stages 1-3)
- How to Catch Monsters (Stages 1-3)
- Doing the Dinosaur Dip (Stages 1-4)
- Ucky Duck (Modern Twist) (Stages 1-4)
- Can I Get Rid of the Flu by Giving it Away (Stages 1-4)
- The Ice Cream Dream (Stages 2-4)
- A Tumblestone Tune (Stages 2-5)
- Stone Soup (Stages 2-5)
- Mini, the Super Watermelon (Stages 2-5)
- 1000 Stories of the Patchwork Blanket (Stages 2-5)
- The Elves and the Shoemaker (Stages 3-5)
- Rumple-Stilt-Who? (Stages 1-5)
- Fabulous Food Detectives (Stages 2-5)
- How Sandy Got Her Spin (Stages 3-5)
- Planet Parade (Stages 2-5)
- Who Gives a Hoot? (Stages 3-5)
- A Snail's Pace Race (Stages 3-5)
- Princess and the Pea (Stages 3-5)
- The Veggie Rap (Stages 4)
- Soccer Stars (Stages 3-5)
- The Bully Games (Stages 3-6)
Each Playbooks® Title comes with access to the following additional resources:
Quick-Start Implementation Instructions
Step-by-step Implementation Instructions
Pre- and Post- Assessment Module
Recommended Reader Assignment Forms for Each Story
Reading Level Correlation to Fountas & Pinell, Reading Recovery, DRA, and Lexile.
Links to all Reprintables online
Links to Online Implementation Videos
Links to Supplemental Activity Worksheets
Links to Staff Training Webinars
And even more online tools....
If you order online, you will be able to see the shipping price within your shopping cart. If you order via a quote, we will include it as a line item in the quote. Please note we only ship print books in the U.S. but our virtual options are great for international use.
For virtual products, you should receive a link to your purchases via email within 24-48 hours after purchase. If you don't receive the link after that timeframe, please check your junk mail. If not, email us at email@example.com and we will resend.
***IMPORTANT - Playbook® Stories purchased in electronic form may NOT be shared, copied, or distributed, other than as stipulated and allowed by the publisher herein, without further additional written permission. Please note that virtual access for each copy is for one school only and additional purchases of $15.00 per story are required for each school. This is to protect our authors to assure they receive their rightful royalties for districts with multiple schools. If you are aware of any breach in our policy, please contact us at 800-375-2926. Thank you for your compliance. ***
All Digital Products are Non-Refundable once digital delivery is provided.
For print titles, we are currently experiencing some COVID related slow downs, and will ship within 4-8 business days from our warehouse. We typically ship UPS ground. If you would prefer faster shipping options or need the materials by a certain date, we will be happy to provide a quote for expedited shipping and/or handling. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info
Playbooks® Reader's Theater stories are unique because each character's dialogue is presented in a different color throughout the story and more importantly, the roles are written at different reading levels. This allows teachers to assign easier roles to younger or struggling students and harder roles to older or more advanced students while they all read the same story together in a small group.
According to a Loyola University study, word recognition and reading comprehension improves 27% when text is presented in color compared to bold text, and 35% when presented in color compared to contrasting fonts. Check out our special format below.
Playbooks® are the ONLY Reader's Theater books that are color coded and multi-level. Playbooks® are easier to read and allow teachers to include students of different levels.
This specialized format is protected under U.S. Patent #7,456,834. Only Playbooks Publishing, Inc. can provide you this ultimate format. Don't settle for lesser copycats.
Each reader’s dialogue text, not just the name in the margin, appears in a different color, making it easier for students to follow their character roles, quickly see where their part starts and stops and how much they will read, and easily be prepared for their next turn to speak. This also helps to create a sense of ownership and security in their role which leads to increased reading confidence and involvement. Color does not represent the level of the role, however, so that students do not know they've been assigned an easier or harder role.
Easier and harder roles in the same story help students avoid stumbling in front of their peers, allowing them to read aloud with confidence and accuracy. Playbooks® multi-leveled character roles are edited using a proprietary leveled word dictionary and strict sentence structure guidelines, so students achieve ultimate success and fluency among their peers. We do not simply assess what an author has written to determine what level the text might be; we actually edit and level the roles!
Research shows four repeated readings sufficiently improve reading fluency. Most traditional texts can NOT hold students’ attention for up to four separate readings. Reader’s Theater truly engages students and is the most popular form of “repeated guided oral reading”, creating a fun experience for students and teachers! Check out the study for our Playbooks® program.